If you’re looking for the perfect way to take your favorite Thai flavors to the campground, don’t miss this incredible camping recipe. We’ll show you how to make a delicious Pad Thai dish below that will keep your family coming back for more. Get the recipe below.
Recipe adapted from one on FreshOffTheGrid.com
- 7 oz Pad Thai noodles
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 large chicken breast
- 1 small onion
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ⅔ c. Pad Thai sauce (recipe below)
- ½ c. sliced green onions
- ½ c. chopped cilantro
- ¼ c. chopped peanuts
- 1 can of bean sprouts
- 1 lime
Pad Thai Sauce
- 2 tbsps soy sauce
- 2 tbsps rice vinegar
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 2 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- Start by washing and drying all of your produce.
- Dice your onion, slice the green onions, cut the lime into wedges, and chop the cilantro.
- Chop the peanuts and set them aside for topping.
- Cut the chicken into cubes.
- Over your fire, bring a pot of water to a boil.
- While waiting on the pot to boil, make the Pad Thai sauce by combining all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Remove the pot from the heat as soon as it boils and submerge the noodles for about 9 minutes or until soft but not mushy.
- While the noodles cook, heat 2 tbsps of sesame oil over the fire in your cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When the oil is hot, toss the chicken and onions in and season with salt.
- Saute until the chicken is cooked through and reaches an internal temperature of 165F and the onions are translucent and beginning to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan, spread the coals to lower the heat, and add two beaten eggs to the skillet. Stir constantly to scramble them.
- When the eggs are done, and the noodles are soft, use tongs to add the noodles to the skillet and pour the sauce over the top, stirring to coat.
- Serve topped with green onions, fresh cilantro, chopped peanuts, bean sprouts, and a slice of lime.
Contact us today to take home your next RV.