If you like to start your mornings with a sweet breakfast, this recipe for fireside French toast is the perfect option. It’s a simple recipe that won’t take you long to prepare. Impress your loved ones by preparing this delicious sweet treat for one of your early morning breakfasts the next time you go camping!
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 tbsp of granulated sugar
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 loaf of sliced white bread
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1/4 of powdered sugar for garnish
- Maple syrup
- Grease a large piece of foil with your butter and mold it into the shape of a boat.
- Place the bread slices inside, standing each up to keep the shape of the loaf.
- Add another piece of foil underneath to stabilize your bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the bread. Making sure it gets between each slice.
- Cover the entire loaf with foil.
- Place over the campfire, avoiding the hottest part.
- Leave there until the egg mixture is cooked all the way through and the bread is lightly toasted. This should take about 40 minutes.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes to rest before serving.
- Garnish with powdered sugar and sliced strawberries. Serve with syrup, and enjoy!
Contact us today to find the right RV for your next family vacation.